7.17.2009

A Collection of References



I was invited to a friend of a friend's 'fancy gallery party' under the stipulation that I dress-up. So I put on my fancy pants and walked about 20 blocks to the Bo-Concept Design store on 57th btwn 2nd and 3rd. It was Bo-tastic. I had heard of art being shown in stores but this was the first time I've actually experienced it. A smattering of sharp looking people and artists, lounging on modern furniture. I had fun.

BOOKS:
I read about 60 pages of William Faulkner's "The Sound & The Fury" and decided I dealt with enough idiots in my life. So I switched to "The Bounty Hunter Wars" which doesn't exactly require a lot of processing but at least it has Boba Fett in it.

MOVIES:
I just watched "The Lives of Others." It seemed very real to me. Those poor Germans. The big clunky spy equipment was pretty funny, but I found the Spiegel article very moving.

GAMES:
Two weeks ago I accomplished something on my major life's TO DO list: beat the Elite Four with an all Eeevee Team. I raised them all from eggs and gave them special names: Death (Umbreon), Dream (Espeon), Desire (Flareon), Despair (Vaporeon), Destiny (Eevee), and Delirium (Electreon).

I will now voyage to the Berkshires to check up on my Edelweiss.

RIP Cronkite

No comments:

Post a Comment