2.17.2010

UnSound


One day I decided to see what I thought was a Polish Electro Punk Festival...and instead I found UNSOUND which is exactly that, if you redefine the meanings of 'Polish' 'Electro' 'Punk' and 'Festival.' Woe is me, I could only afford to go to the free event at the David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center, but I wanted to see the live music show they played during a screening of Warhol's Blow Job.

Later I got to see a screening of Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I was sitting in the middle of a bunch of urban middle school children, who were trying hard to be gangsta but their fascination and ignorance of Greek mythology overwhelmed them. My favorite moments: 1) when Percy's mom says she met Poseidon on the Jersey Shore me and the teachers giggled (about The Situation) 2) the 5 day accidental lotus/acid trip Percy and his friends take in Vegas, with the obligatory Lady Gaga dance sequence, and 3) the oh so subtle reference to Citizen Kane (find it for yourself!). I am a sucker for anything fantastical and Manhattan based, so this would have blown my mind back in high school.
My favorite Superbowl ad...

No comments:

Post a Comment